July 15, 2011

Renegade

I am horribly introverted. Not shy, just internalized. It's pretty stressful for me to participate in small talk, or actively "sell" my work.
So making a decision to come out of my curated world and set up a booth with my perfumes out at the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago was a big step.  But when Scarlett Garnet asked if I wanted to split a booth with them, I figured this was my chance to get out of my comfort zone. These girls have been touring like rock stars for the last couple years, to all the Renegade fairs with their jewelry line, and I have no idea how they do it. I guess I was not meant to be a rock star myself, which is a depressing fact that I will wait another 10 years to come to terms with.

The good news is that between their jewelry (which is awesome) and the plans I have for my half of the booth, we are going to have a 10 x 10 foot space of amazingness. And from what I hear this is a really great event - I have never been to one, so I'm excited.
Come see me with Scarlett Garnet in Chicago, September 10 & 11.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, finally I see how to post...
    I'm a "wierdo" too... oh, you said "renegade". Well, same thing. Some people have tons of friends and get along with everyone....I usually make most people mad as I say what I feel, though I don't try to hurt people. That's just the way of Scorpio's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its great that you're going out of your comfort zone! When people start asking you about your perfumes, you're passion will kick in and you'll have more than plenty to talk about! Sending tons of positive vibes & lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete