November 1, 2012

Black Forest Amulets and Solid Perfumes

As the concept for the Black Forest series began brewing in my mind, I knew it was time to approach sister spirits Scarlett Garnet Jewelry for a collaboration. As it goes, a simple line of three amulets turned into thirteen, with four new solid perfumes to accompany them.



(above: one of several design messes created in my house this summer- Garnet and I worked several times until 3 or 4am with the help of wine, coffee, and my awesome cat, Onyx.




The German name for the black forest is "Schwarzwald", derived from the Romans who referred to the thickly forested mountains there as Silva Nigra (Latin for "Black Forest") because the dense growth of conifers in the forest blocked out most of the light inside the forest.



  (Above left: Jill (me) in the forest with Scarlett and Garnet)

The Black Forest is also the setting for Grimm's fairy tales, including Snow White, Hansel and Gretel, etc, which in their original form were strange and unsettling.


Despite the dark setting, the perfumes in this series were designed to be deeply comforting and harmonious. I always love my newest perfumes the most but these four are almost addictive and nostalgic in a way that I don't think I have ever before accomplished. I hope you love them-
Black Forest Cake, Fireside Story, and Evergreen Mountain, and Nightshade Garden.








No comments:

Post a Comment