February 18, 2015

Lunar Amulet perfume for the 2-18-15 New Moon: Tank 7 Tribute

We don't have great wine, but Kansas City has amazing beer. I call Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale from Boulevard the wine of beer because it has a gorgeous, well balanced bouquet and it has about the same alcohol content. I usually make the lunar amulet perfumes on each full moon, and as this time approached a couple weeks ago I began looking around for inspiration. And this time my midwestern-ess just couldn't resist making a perfume tribute to my favorite ale.

This opens with pink peppercorns, coriander, and cardamom in a bed of citrus. A smooth floral base rises through the citrus steadily over time, the thick hops tempered with sweet chamomile and osmanthus. The dry down has just the slightest note of hay soaked in mandarin orange peels.

I really want some Tank 7 fans to try this, but I think it is pretty hard to find a bottle of this outside of KC. There are five extra refills from this batch in the limited edition section of my new web shop now.


1 comment:

  1. Very informative post! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign! top colognes for men

    ReplyDelete